MSU Surplus Store Online Book Lister
The MSU Surplus Store and Recycling Center (SSRC) receives more than 250,000 lb. of books and printed material each year and our mission is to find the best use for them. One avenue is to make books available to the public online at msusurplusstore.com or Amazon. This requires a staff of online book listers to efficiently research the books for price comparisons, evaluate the condition of each book, and ultimately to write a brief and clear description to appear online. The ideal candidate will be passionate about used books and keeping them in readers' hands.
Hours are flexible around your class schedule and the SSRC Book Department is open 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Assess the value of books through web-based research
- Write brief, clear, and accurate condition descriptions
- Scan, photograph and edit images for online listing
- Able to work independently and efficiently at a computer for extended periods
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about books
- Basic knowledge of online marketplaces, such as Amazon and eBay.
- Ability to work 15 –20 hours a week during Fall and Spring semester.
Starting pay: $12
Apply through Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/5377986
- Sarah Heckaman