Now Hiring! Student Online Listing Assistant (IT, Clothing, and Furniture)
The MSU Surplus Store and Recycling Center (SSRC) manages MSU’s waste as a resource by diverting as much of the university’s property from the landfill as possible.Along with selling items on our physical sales floor, the MSU Surplus Store and Recycling Center (SSRC) sells thousands of items each year through our online platforms including msusurplusstore.com, Amazon and eBay. Each of these items is researched for identification and price comparisons, as well as being tested for functionality and condition.
Currently, the SSRC is seeking three ambitious and self-motivated individuals to work as student assistants to do online listings. The ideal candidates will have knowledge of online marketplaces, be able to write effectively and clearly, and have experience or interest in IT/electronics, clothing, or furniture.
The total hours per week for this position is 15 – 29. However, specific shifts are flexible around your class schedule. The SSRC Online Department is open 7:20 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with infrequent opportunities to work weekend shifts.
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.00/hour
Handshake Job # 938812
Apply Online: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/938812
- Identify, research, and evaluate a large range of items
- Perform basic testing of items for functionality and condition
- Determine prices using online comparisons
- Write brief, clear, and accurate descriptions to appear in online listing
- Photograph and edit items for online listing
- Relocate items using pallet jacks, hand trucks or by lifting
- Able to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment
- Basic knowledge of online marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, etc.
- Frequent lifting of 50 lb and infrequent lifting of larger weights
- Photography and photo editing experience is a plus
- Sarah Heckaman