Updated Vehicle Sale Process starting 7/20/20:
- Customers will be expected to follow current MSU policy for preventing the spread of COVID-19 by wearing facial coverings inside and outside and maintaining physical distancing.
- Buyers will participate in a proxy-based auction (very similar to eBay's system) for the right to purchase the vehicle over three-business days.
- Vehicles are available for inspection at the MSU Surplus Store once the auction for the vehicle has started but not for test drives.
- Customer will need to contact the MSU Surplus Store at 517-884-0605 to obtain access to vehicle for viewing.
- Vehicle test drives are only available to the auction’s high bidder after auction has ended.
- Vehicle test drives will follow a specific route on the MSU campus with MSU Surplus Store staff following in a separate vehicle.
- Vehicle test drives must be scheduled in advance with the MSU Surplus Store staff.
- Vehicle inspections and test drives are offered Monday through Friday from 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The highest bidder has two business days to perform any inspections or test drive the vehicle and then provide payment.
- If a buyer declines to purchase the vehicle the next highest bidder is given the same opportunity to evaluate and purchase the vehicle at their high bid amount.
- Vehicles must be paid for by Certified Check made payable to “Michigan State University” or “MSU”. Cash or credit card payment will not be accepted.