MSU Community Reuse
The Community Reuse program replaces our popular Community Reuse Days. The new program is available throughout the year during normal business hours. The MSU community can drop off a wide variety of items for reuse and recycling. Any revenue generated from the sale of these items is used to support additional community programming.
What Has Changed?
The drop off remains free of charge with the exception of TV’s and computer monitors. We will continue to accept these items, but there is a $10 per screen fee to cover the expense of recycling. Large, office type copy machines will no longer be accepted. Clean, reusable clothing will now be accepted.
- Good, usable furniture (no mattresses)
- Sporting goods including bicycles and exercise equipment
- Books, magazines, DVD’s and CD’s
- Scrap metal
- Holiday decorations
- Knick knacks and trinkets
- Kitchen items
- E-waste and household electronics:
- Personal computers, keyboards and mouses, TVs ($10 Fee), monitors ($10 Fee), telephones, cell phones, laptops, VCRs, printers, scanners, microwaves, small items such as coffee makers, vacuums and toasters.
- Styrofoam (Polystyrene)
- Must be rinsed clean of food waste
- Please remove lids, straws, packaging tape and labels
- Place foam in a large clear see-through bag
- Acceptable #6 foam items include:
- Foam cups
- “to-go” containers
- Egg cartons
- Ice chests
- Rinsed meat trays
- Protective packaging foam (frequently used to protect electronics during shipping)
- Other foam labeled with the #6 inside the chasing arrows.
- Packaging peanuts may be bagged separately from other foam and must be clean. The Surplus Store reuses the peanuts for shipping packages.
- Hazardous waste
- Alkaline batteries
- Cleaning Supplies
- Modular Furniture Panels
- Fluorescent Tubes/CFL Bulbs
This material is being accepted as waste material of no value. Donation receipts for tax purposes will not be provided. Items can be brought to the North side of the building at the door labeled Merchandise Pickup.
The Surplus Store & Recycling Center reserves the right to reject any item that is deemed unfit for reuse or recycling. This is typically due to water damage, mold/mildew, excessive soiling, odor or an inability to reuse or recycle the item. When in doubt, please send pictures to email@example.com for review, or send via our Facebook page.