Now Hiring! Waste Reclamation and Upcycling Assistant
The mission of the MSU Surplus Store and Recycling Center (SSRC) is to manage MSU's waste as a resource through an integrated system of reuse, recycling, collaboration, and education. To help us achieve these ambitions, the SSRC is looking for a creative individual who is passionate about reusing surplus materials in creative ways to work as a Waste Reclamation and Upcycling Assistant.
In this role you will help MSU Surplus Store & Recycling transform trash into treasure. The ideal candidate will be an avid proponent of waste reduction and recycling and will empower others to see waste as an untapped resource that can be used to solve problems, facilitate creative expression, and provide economic opportunity. They will be resourceful, creative, passionate, and experienced in upcycling and product creation.
- Reclaiming hardware (casters, knobs, handles, hinges, etc.) from items being recycled or landfilled.
- Carry out basic DIY and minor repairs to furniture
- Upcycling and reusing recycling and landfill materials to make saleable items
- Designing methodologies for craft items to be made during workshops
- Artistic and craft skills (Upholstery, sewing, carpentry and general handicraft skills desired)
- Creative flexibility to upcycle and reuse innovatively using a variety of materials
- Interest and enthusiasm for waste reduction and re-use activities
Estimated Hours Per Week
- 19 hours per week
Starting Pay Rate:
To apply: send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- MSU Surplus Store & Recycling