Vehicle Sale Process
- Customers will be expected to follow current MSU policy for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Buyers will participate in a proxy-based auction (similar to eBay) for the right to purchase the vehicle. In addition any bids placed at the end of the bidding window may extent the bidding end time until a period where no bids are placed on the vehicle.
- Vehicles are available for inspection at the MSU Surplus Store once the auction for the vehicle has started but not for test drives.
- Customer will need to contact the MSU Surplus Store at 517-355-1723 to obtain access to vehicle for viewing.
- Vehicle test drives are only available to the auction’s high bidder after auction has ended.
- Vehicle test drives will follow a specific route on the MSU campus with MSU Surplus Store staff following in a separate vehicle.
- Vehicle test drives must be scheduled in advance with the MSU Surplus Store staff.
- Vehicle inspections and test drives are offered Monday through Friday from 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The highest bidder has two business days to perform any inspections or test drive the vehicle and then provide payment.
- If a buyer declines to purchase the vehicle the next highest bidder is given the same opportunity to evaluate and purchase the vehicle at their high bid amount.
- Vehicles must be paid for by Certified Check made payable to “Michigan State University” or “MSU”. Cash or credit card payment will not be accepted.